The assassination of President Kennedy
November 1963: The assassination of President Kennedy
Forty years ago, the Nov. 22, 1963, assassination of President Kennedy seared permanent, where-were-you-when memories into the minds of millions of Americans and others worldwide. At Bates, articles, letters and essays in The Bates Student — including a contribution from redoubtable poet John Tagliabue, then in the 10th year of his 35-year career on the faculty — reflect the emotions and innocence of the time:
- 'Campus stunned by President's death'
- 'Minister doesn't find assassination bizarre'
- 'Impressions upon the news of President Kennedy's death'
- Letter: 'Death of a president'
- Letter: 'From Spain'
- Sports column: 'The sudden death of President Kennedy'
- John Tagliabue: ‘Notes from a November-December journal, 1963′