Rawlings Grant for Math
Rawlings Grants for Mathematics provide between $800 and $3,000 in support of students conducting math research during the summer (this is usually but not always pre-thesis research).
Application Deadline: accepted any time between April 9th – May 7th. Proposals will be reviewed as they are received.
Contact the Chair of the Mathematics Department about these grants.
More Important Information
- Because the goal of summer grant programs is to contribute to a student’s academic success and persistence at Bates, all summer funding is contingent upon a student maintaining a G.P.A. of at least 2.0.
- You can not use research grant funding to participate in a credit-earning summer academic program or receive academic credit for summer research.
- This is a research project that involves a full-time (up to 40 hours per week) commitment for from two to ten weeks; therefore you cannot earn additional funds at the College.
- Rawlings Grants for Mathematics recipients are expected to submit an abstract and a brief (two pages) progress report on their work to the Dean of the Faculty’s Office within two weeks of finishing their project.
- All students are required to present their research during the Parents Weekend Poster Session unless they are studying off campus in the fall. Online registrations also required to be submitted within 2 weeks of the completion of the project (i.e., the last day of your contract). If you are off campus in the fall, it is your responsibility to inform Alison Keegan (email@example.com) of your situation. Please click here to register for the 2012 Parents Weekend Poster Session!
- Any future grants from this office are contingent upon these requirements.