Summer Research Grants and Fellowships
Conducting research during the summer can be a transformative experience, as you put your skills to the test in labs, in the fields, in library collections, in art studios, and on the stage. You can apply for Bates funding to support research you conduct on campus (about 50 to 60 student researchers work on campus each summer); with a research advisor at another institution; or on your own, under the guidance of a Bates advisor. Through summer research, you will make contributions to new knowledge, hone your research skills, and explore the intellectual and professional opportunities in your field.
- Bouley Fund for Geology: support for field mapping in geology
- C3 Undergraduate Fellowships: support students from Bates and other liberal arts colleges to conduct research at UC Berkeley, University of Chicago, Columbia, or the University of Michigan
- Hoffman Research Support Grant: for short-term summer research projects or to support summer research travel or supplies
- Bates Environmental Internships: support for students with summer internships with environmental organizations
- Rawlings Grants for Math: support students undertaking summer research in math
- STEM Faculty-Student Research Grants: student-faculty research collaborations in the sciences and math at Bates. Faculty application only.
- Summer Research Apprenticeships: student-faculty research collaborations in all disciplines. Faculty application only.
- Summer Research Fellowships: support students conducting research in all disciplines, on campus or off campus, with a Bates advisor or an advisor from another research site
- Faculty Research Grants
- Off-Campus Research Opportunities 2017
- Summer Diversity Internship Programs 2017
- Otis Fellowships: support major projects in which students explore the relationship of people and their environments
- Phillips Student Fellowships: support major cross-cultural exploration projects focused on research, community engagement, the arts, or career exploration
- Technos International Week in Japan: supports two student and a faculty member to experience two weeks in Japan during Technos International Week