Employee and Department Charge Cards
Please contact Accounts Payable immediately if an employee charge card is lost or stolen, or fraudulent use is suspected.
Employee Charge Cards
It is often necessary for College personnel to be away from home for several days or sometimes weeks to conduct College business. To cover expenses while traveling, an employee may obtain an employee charge card with the approval of his/her Supervisor; a Dean or Vice President’s signature is required for monthly charge limits in excess of $5,000. Employee charge cards are issued to individual employees and are the responsibility of the individual whose name appears on the card.
Employee charge cards will be issued for use for official College business only. Personal expenses should not be charged to employee charge cards. To obtain reimbursement for College expenses charged on an employee charge card, cardholders will need to submit a Travel Expense Report to Cashiering at 221 Lane Hall (also see Travel Expense Reimbursement.) The College will promptly reimburse employees for all reasonable and necessary business expenses, in accordance with the Travel and Expense Policy, upon submission of a completed and approved Travel Expense Report. It is important to note that employee charge card balances must be paid in full each month; balances due cannot be carried forward.
Expenses charged to employee charge cards will be billed to the cardholder’s home billing address on a monthly basis, and it is the responsibility of the cardholder to make full and timely payment to the card provider (J.P. Morgan). The College will not reimburse cardholders for late fees and/or finance charges that may result from failure to make full and timely payment or other non-compliance, depending on the level of non-compliance as outlined below.
Department Charge Cards
Departments with purchases/payments of $30,000 or more annually may request a Department Charge Card. For fraud protection purposes, department charge cards must be issued in the department employee’s name who will be responsible for the card. Department cards are subject to all of the Employee Charge Card policies, with the following additions:
- Statements will be delivered to the Cardholder’s department address.
- Cardholders must electronically code each transaction with the business purpose and accounting information on the J.P. Morgan (PaymentNet) website.
- Itemized receipts must be attached to the monthly statement and routed to the Cardholder’s supervisor for review of business purpose, account coding and receipts.
- The supervisor (or a designee other than the Cardholder) must go online to the J.P. Morgan (PaymentNet) website and electronically approve (finalize) each transaction for ledger posting.
- If the supervisor has authorized another individual to finalize the electronic information, such updates may only be done after the supervisor has reviewed and approved the transactions, and signed the monthly cardholder statement.
- Supervisors must sign the monthly statement and submit the statement and all receipts to Accounts Payable (217 Lane Hall) by the 20th of each month; online approval must be completed by the 20th of each month for ledger posting.
Resolutions for Non-Compliance