Admitted Student Receptions
With music, food and open arms — your Bates experience starts today!
Admitted Student Receptions at Bates
- Friday, April 4
- Friday, April 25
Spend a day on campus learning about Bates and helping to recruit your future classmates!
By devoting this all-day event to you and your parents, we can answer all of your questions and immerse you in the Bates experience. If you’re interested in tackling some early prep work for your senior thesis, or simply easing the transition from high school into college, the Admitted Student Receptions are there for you.
Below is the schedule for last year’s Admitted Student Receptions. This year’s receptions will take place on Friday, April 4, and Friday, April 25. You will receive a finalized schedule when you check-in at registration.
|8–9:30 a.m.||Reception & Registration|
|8:15–9:15 a.m.||Campus Tour|
|9:30–9:50 a.m.||Welcome Bates Class of 2018|
|10–10:50 a.m.||Debate: Brooks Quimby Debate Council|
|11–11:50 a.m.||Panel: “Adventures in the Life of the Mind: Academics at Bates”|
|Noon–12:50 p.m.||Student Panel: “Bates Life Beyond the Classroom”|
|1–2 p.m.||Parent Luncheon|
|1–2 p.m.||Student Luncheon|
|1–2 p.m.||Campus Tour|
|2–2:50 p.m.||Panel: “Lewiston-Auburn: Bates Students Get Involved”|
|2–2:50 p.m.||Panel: “The Arts: An Engine of Bates Creativity”|
|3 p.m.||Reception & Tour: Bates Bobcat Athletics|
|3–3:30 p.m.||Q & A: “Medical Studies at Bates”|
|3–4 p.m.||Campus Tour|
|3–4:30 p.m.||Student Activity Fair|
When arriving on campus, please park in the 141 Russell St. parking lot, behind Merrill Gymnasium. Please check-in at Chase Hall Old Commons, 56 Campus Ave., a short walk from this parking lot. Students will direct you as you walk across campus. Welcome-packets including a schedule for the day will be available when you check in.
Off-campus Admitted Student Receptions in April 2014
- Los Angeles
- Saturday, April 5, 2014
- Noon–2:30 p.m.
- Hosted in the home of Ira Waldman ’73 & Laurie Waldman, Bates Parents ’08 & ’11, 8107 Delgany Avenue, Playa del Rey, CA, 90293
- Register by April 2
- San Francisco
- Sunday, April 6, 2014
- 1- 3 p.m.
- Hosted in the home of Terry and Suzan Kramer, Bates Parents ’17, 45 Glen Alpine Road, Piedmont, CA, 94611
- Register by April 3
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
- 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Hosted in the home of Dorothy Hemming & Seth Hemming, Bates Parents ’15, 1023 Pontiac Road, Wilmette, IL, 60091
- Register by April 4
- New York City
- Sunday, April 13, 2014
- 4–6 p.m.
- The Westin New York at Times Square, 270 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036
- Register by April 9
- Monday, April 14, 2014
- 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- The Langham Hotel, 250 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110
- Register by April 10
- Washington, D.C.
- Thursday, April 24, 2014
- 6–8 p.m.
- Hosted by Renee and Liam Leduc Clarke ’98 at the City Club of Washington, 555 13th Street NW, Washington DC 20004
- Register by April 18
- And more! Check back for dates and locations.
Please register by calling 1-855-BATES55 (1-855-228-3755) or filling out the registration form below.
Tours, lunch, and panel discussions
- Campus tours
- Attending a class
- Live concerts by Bates student groups
- Eating lunch with Bates students
- Panel discussions on the arts at Bates, academic life at Bates, community-based learning and Lewiston-Auburn, student life at Bates and Bates athletics.
Enroll Online Students admitted Early Decision Round II must reply by February 22, 2014. Students admitted Regular Decision must reply by May 1, 2014.