When preparing to apply to Bates, consider visiting the campus and meeting with an admission counselor. That way, you can get a personal view of the college.
- Submit the Common Application (PDF) online at CommonApp.org. This includes a counselor evaluation, two teacher evaluations, a personal statement, biographical information concerning extracurricular interests, a mid-year report, and the option to submit standardized test scores (SAT I, SAT II, ACT).
- Submit the Bates Supplement to the Common Application (PDF). This includes an additional essay.
- If you plan to pursue the performing or visual arts at Bates, you can submit a sample of your talent and interest in the arts.
- We welcome information about your athletic accomplishments (PDF)
- Early Decision Contract (PDF) - Must be signed by applicant, parent(s), and counselor.
- Students may be awarded credit for an Advanced Placement examination according to the faculty policy for Advanced Placement.
- If you speak English as a second language, you are required to submit your scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language or a similar test.
- Submit a non-refundable $60 application fee (part of the Common Application). If the fee is a financial hardship, your guidance counselor can submit a College Board “Request for Fee Waiver” with your application. Similarly, if you are not a United States citizen, you are not required to submit a fee or fee waiver request.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
The Application Deadline is Jan. 1, 2013 (Early Decision Round II & Regular Decision).