Preface to Bates — May 3-5, 2015
The deadline for Preface 2015 has passed. Thank you for your interest in our program and please consider applying to our fly-in programs for seniors, Prologue I and Prologue II, which take place in October and November.
Preface to Bates is a fly-in visitation program designed for high-achieving high school juniors who are first-generation-to-college students and/or students from diverse backgrounds.
You’ll get to attend student panels, classes and general information sessions about admission and financial aid. Your stay on campus will be hosted by a current student so that you can really see the academic, athletic, cultural and cocurricular offerings of the college.
Travel scholarships are available. A travel scholarship includes airplane or bus expenses as well as transportation to and from the Bates campus. Bates will also cover all expenses related to housing, meals and on-campus activities for all Preface students.
Please note that your high school guidance counselor will need to submit a copy of your transcript, a letter of recommendation and your school’s profile. When you submit your application, an email will be automatically generated to your counselor requesting these materials. Please make sure that your counselor submits these materials by Friday, April 3.
If your high school guidance counselor did not receive an email regarding how to submit your supporting materials, please have him or her email Jared Rivers, Associate Dean of Diversity Enrollment, at email@example.com for instructions on how to do this.
Final Decisions will go out on or around Wednesday, April 15.
- Experience first-hand one of America’s finest liberal arts colleges
- Attend Bates classes of your choosing
- Live in residence-halls with student hosts
- Meet with Bates faculty and staff
- Sample our delicious and sustainable food
- Tour Bates’ beautiful 109-acre campus, as well as our home city of Lewiston
- Interview with a member of the Bates Admission team
- Sample Bates’ athletic, cultural and co-curricular events
- Learn more about our selective admissions process and generous financial aid programs