Deadlines for requesting and completing alumni interviews are as follows:
- January Admission applicants must request alumni interviews by Oct. 15, 2015, and complete their alumni interviews by Nov. 1, 2015
- Early Decision I applicants must request alumni interviews by Nov. 1, 2015, and complete their alumni interviews by Nov. 15, 2015
- Early Decision II applicants must request alumni interviews by Dec. 15, 2015, and complete their alumni interviews by Jan. 1, 2016
- Regular decision applicants must request alumni interviews by Jan. 8, 2016, and complete their alumni interviews by Jan. 22, 2016
- Fall 2016 Transfer applicants must request alumni interviews by March 1, 2016, and complete their alumni interviews by March 15, 2016
- High School Juniors may request alumni interviews after Jan. 18, 2016
Processing a Request
Admission will assign the interview to an alumni volunteer and will send an email informing him/her that a student will be calling or emailing soon to arrange a Bates interview. Admission will send the prospective student the contact information of the alumni interviewer.
Upon receiving the information the student will contact the alumni interviewer to schedule an interview. Please note that it is the responsibility of the student to contact the interviewer. Once an interview has been scheduled we ask that the alumni interviewer email email@example.com with the date, time and location of the meeting.
The Bates alumni volunteer and the student will meet for the interview. Interviews usually take 30-40 minutes, with a few minutes after reserved for time with parents.
At the conclusion of the interview, the student will email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the completion of the interview.
Please evaluate the interview by going to the Garnet Gateway and completing the interview form.