Men’s track and field takes first place at USM Invitational
GORHAM, Maine — The Bates College men’s track and field team outpaced the field at the USM Co-ed Invitational Saturday, placing first out of five teams with 200 points, ahead of UMass-Dartmouth (140), Southern Maine (133), Rhode Island College (96) and Emmanuel (44).
The Bobcats had several event winners on the day, including:
- Sophomore Noah Gauthier (Amherst, N.H.) won both the shot put and the 35-pound weight throw for the second straight meet, at distances of 47-5.5 and 57-3, respectively.
- Sophomore Emmanuel Drabo (Burkina Faso) in the triple jump (44-4).
- Senior Joel Colony (Harrisville, N.H.) in the 400 (50.91).
- Junior Samuel Thomas (Richmond, Va.) in the 600 (1:24.57).
- Senior William Kenney (Washington, D.C.) in the 3,000 (9:12.58).
- Senior Adam Macbeth (Ellsworth, Maine) in the long jump (21-7).
- The 4×400 (Matt Capone, Macbeth, Colony and Thomas) and the 4×800 (Matt Biggart, Mike Watson, John Miley and C.J. Murray) relay teams, with times of 3:30.30 and 8:16.59.
The Bates men will return to USM next Saturday, Feb. 4 for the State of Maine Championship meet.