Berry, Perry highlight men’s swimming and diving at NESCACs
|Chris Berry ’09 (top) and Dan Perry ’08 (above) earned top-10 finishes in the 100 backstroke and the 1-meter diving, respectively.|
Click here for meet results.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. — Bates College finished in 10th place as the NESCAC men’s swimming and diving championships drew to a close this weekend at Williams College.
The host Ephs won the meet for the fourth consecutive year.
Specific event results were not made available by Sunday night.
On Saturday, first-year Chris Berry finished eighth overall in the 100-yard backstroke on Saturday at the NESCAC men’s swimming and diving championships, highlighting Bates College’s day at the meet at Williams College.
Berry (Augusta, Maine) swam the event in 54.02 seconds in the final to earn 22 points for the Bobcats, who are in 10th place with one day to go in the meet.
Other Bates highlights on Saturday included:
- The 200 medley relay team of Berry, senior Fisher Qua, junior Charles Swanson and senior John Bauer placing ninth in 1:40.94.
- The 800 free relay team of first-year Mark Andrews, senior Matt Harrington, Swanson and Bauer placing 10th in 7:38.67.
- Swanson finishing 20th in the 1000 freestyle (10:30.66) and 22nd in the 400 individual medley (4:30.05). (First-year John Harvey was 25th in the 1000.)
- Harrington placing 23rd in the 100 breaststroke, at 1:06.40.
Friday’s action at the meet was highlighted by Bates sophomore diver Dan Perry, who finished in seventh place in the 1-meter, earning 23 points for the Bobcats. Other Friday higlights included:
- Berry placing ninth in the 50-yard backstroke in 25.32 seconds, and teaming up with Bauer, Andrews and Qua to place eighth in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:29.32.
- Berry, Qua, Swanson and Bauer placing ninth in the 400 medley relay, in 3:44.62.
- Qua placing 15th in the 50 breaststroke (28.92) and 17th in the 50 butterfly (24.38).
- Bauer finishing 16th in the 50 freestyle in 22.43 seconds.
The meet finishes up on Sunday.