Men’s squash defeats Bowdoin for third place at NESCACs
HARTFORD, Conn. — The Bates College men’s squash team finished third at the NESCAC Championships for the second straight year on Sunday by defeating Bowdoin 6-3 in the third-place match.
The Bobcats, the No. 2 seed, raised their record to 9-4 with their second defeat of the No. 4 seed Polar Bears (12-9) in the past week. Bates received wins at the top six positions, in order: senior co-captain Ricky Weisskopf (San Salvador, El Salvador), senior Co-captain Sean Wilkinson (London, England), sophomore Kush Mahan (Gainesville, Fla.), sophomore Jordan Greenberg (Malvern, Pa.), first-year Matt Marchisotto (New York, N.Y.) and first-year William Katz (Bronxville, N.Y.).
Bates will next play at Colby this Thursday, starting at 6 p.m.
NESCAC Men’s Squash Championship Third-Place Match
Feb. 3, 2008 at Trinity College
#2 Bates 6, #4 Bowdoin 3
- Ricardo Weiskopf (Bat) def. Palmer Higgins (Bow), 9-1, 9-3, 9-2
- Sean Wilkinson (Bat) def. Jake Sack (Bow), 9-1, 9-4, 3-9, 9-5
- Kush Mahan (Bat) def. David Funk (Bow), 9-2, 9-2, 9-6
- Jordan Greenberg (Bat) def. Andy Bernard (Bow), 9-3, 9-3, 9-3
- Matthew Marchisotto (Bat) def. Peter Cipriano (Bow), 4-9, 9-5, 9-3, 9-0
- William Katz (Bat) def. Arun Makhija (Bow), 9-4, 9-4, 9-0
- Nicholas Echeverria (Bat) lost to Ray Carta (Bow), 4-9, 8-10, 7-9
- Chip Russell (Bat) lost to Rob Lynn (Bow), 1-9, 8-10, 3-9
- Deacon Chapin (Bat) lost to Thai Ha Ngoc (Bow), 7-9, 1-9, 0-9