Men’s squash routs host Bowdoin, 9-0
BRUNSWICK, Maine — The Bates men’s squash team blanked Bowdoin 9-0 at Bowdoin Thursday night to bring their win streak against the Polar Bears to 15 matches. The last time the Polar Bears beat the Bobcats was on January 29, 2002.
Juniors Kush Mahan (Gainesville, Fla.) and Jordan Greenberg (Malvern, Pa.) had impressive 3-0 wins at the Nos. 1 and 3 positions, respectively, while first-year Bobby Burns (Greenwich, Conn.) increased his personal win streak to seven straight matches.
The Bobcats (7-4) take on the No. 3 ranked Yale Bulldogs at Yale on Saturday morning and the 11-time defending national champion Trinity Bantams at Trinity on Saturday afternoon.
Bates 9, Bowdoin 0
1. Bernard, Andrew def. by Mahan, Kush 9-6,9-3,9-3
2. Funk, David def. by Katz, William 9-6,9-4,9-1
3. Cipriano, Peter def. by Greenberg, Jordan 9-5,9-0,9-3
4. Madan Mohan, Rahul def. by Marchisotto, Matthew 9-3,10-9,5-9,5-9,9-5
5. Ha-Ngoc, Thai def. by Echeverria, Nicholas 9-6,9-2,9-0
6. Lynn, Robert def. by Burns, Robert 9-2,9-5,9-5
7. Gladstone, Brian def. by Taggart, Marc 9-0,9-0,9-6
8. Erskine, Ryan def. by Williams, Patrick 9-1,9-0,9-0
9. Sprague, Andrew def. by Johnson, Charlie 9-0,9-0,9-0
10. Barnard, Carl def. by Lee, Dae Ro 9-1,9-0,9-1