Men’s tennis rolls at Connecticut College
NEW LONDON, Conn. — The No. 22 nationally ranked Bates College men’s tennis team routed Connecticut College 8-1 on Sunday, raising its head-to-head record this year to 7-2. The Camels dropped to 5-5.
The Bobcats swept the three doubles matches and lost a point only at No. 4 singles, where junior Ryan Mannelly (New Canaan, Conn.) battled Colin Tasi in a 6-4, 7-5 decision. Senior Ben Stein (Pelham, N.Y.) and first-year Jeff Beaton (Haverhill, Mass.) won particularly convincingly at Nos. 1 and 6 singles, respectively.
Bates will host rival Bowdoin on Thursday at 5 p.m.
For more on this story and what’s going on with the Bates tennis teams, please catch up with us on the team blog at http://batestennis.wordpress.com/
Bates College 8, Connecticut College 1
1. Benjamin Stein (B) def. David Kellogg (CC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Amrit Rupasinghe (B) def. Trevor Prophet (CC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Maxwell Berger (B) def. Jeffrey Weisberger (CC) 6-0, 7-5
4. Colin Tasi (CC) def. Ryan Mannelly (BC) 6-4, 7-5
5. Zach Fenno (B) def. Craig Stanton (CC) 6-3, 6-1
6. Jeffrey Beaton (B) def. Henry Friedman (CC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Stein/Rupasinghe (B) def. Kellogg/Prophet (CC) 8-6
2. Berger/Mannelly (B) def. Stanton/Weisberger (CC) 8-5
3. Fenno/Beaton (B) def. Friedman/Tasi (CC) 8-6