Men’s squash team falls to powerful Harvard, 8-1
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The No. 12-ranked Bates College men’s squash team dropped an 8-1 decision to No. 5-ranked Harvard University on Wednesday night at the Murr Center Courts.
Winning the lone point for the Bobcats (6-4) was first-year Eric Bedell (Brooklyn, N.Y.), who topped the Crimson’s (5-0) Adam Vartikar in four games, 11-9, 7-11, 11-9, 11-6. Bates also won in the Nos. 10 and 11 exhibition matches, with junior Doug Compton (West Hartford, Conn.) winning at the 10th spot in straight games and first-year Matt Baker-White (Williamstown, Mass.) prevailing at No. 11.
The Bobcats next play at No. 4 Yale on Friday at 5 p.m., the first of four matches this weekend they’ll play at Yale.
Harvard 8, Bates 1
1. West,Colin (H) def. Mahan,Kush (B) 11-2,11-5,11-5
2. Hill,Richard (H) def. Greenberg,Jordan (B) 11-4,11-2,11-7
3. Michas,Jason (H) def. Katz,William (B) 11-8,11-5,8-11,12-10
4. Scherl,Zeke (H) def. Burns,Robert (B) 11-6,11-3,11-7
5. Buchanan,Eliot (H) def. Echeverria,Nicholas (B) 11-5,11-6,9-11,11-9
6. Endresen,J. Reed (H) def. Lee,Dae Ro (B) 11-5,11-9,8-11,11-7
7. Ma,Alexander (H) def. Williams,Patrick (B) 11-6,11-2,10-12,11-9
8. Ahmed,William (H) def. Kourides,Nicholas (B) 11-9,15-13,11-6
9. Vartikar,Adam (H) def. Bedell,Eric (B) 11-9,7-11,11-9,11-6
10. Han,Preston (H) def. by Compton,Doug (B) 11-7,11-6,11-9