Women’s squash routs Bowdoin, Northeastern
LEWISTON, Maine — The Bates College women’s squash team drubbed rival Bowdoin 9-0 in Brunswick on Saturday afternoon, then returned home to rout Northeastern University 9-0 Saturday night at the Bates Squash Center.
Bates (12-5, 5-2 NESCAC) is 13-3 against Bowdoin since 2000.
First-year Cheri-Ann Parris (St. Philips, Barbados) dropped the first two games of her match at the No. 1 position, but came back to defeat Lauren Gesswein 3-2. Senior Hannah Laverty (Cape Elizabeth, Maine), playing the No. 2 spot, was the only other Bates player to drop a game in the match, winning 3-1.
Against Northeastern, the Bobcats swept each matchup 3-0.
Bates hosts Columbia on Friday at 6 p.m.
Bates 9, Bowdoin 0
1. Gesswein,Lauren (Bowdoin) def. by Parris,Cheri-Ann (Bates) 11-13,5-11,11-8,11-8,11-4
2. Warner,Elizabeth (Bowdoin) def. by Laverty,Hannah (Bates) 11-3,11-1,6-11,11-8
3. Schetman,Elizabeth (Bowdoin) def. by Roller,Whitney (Bates) 11-4,11-3,11-9
4. Wlodarczyk,Monica (Bowdoin) def. by Neal,Maura (Bates) 11-3,11-7,11-8
5. Cao,Bonnie (Bowdoin) def. by Bragg,Alison (Bates) 11-3,11-0,11-3
6. Peacock-Villada,Alexandra (Bowdoin) def. by Cabot,Stephanie (Bates) 11-1,11-5,11-1
7. Boyce,Katherine (Bowdoin) def. by Hogeland,Anna (Bates) 11-5,11-8,11-7
8. Cannell,Louisa (Bowdoin) def. by Dorison,Liza (Bates) 11-2,11-0,11-3
9. Nassief,Isabel (Bowdoin) def. by Maciewicz,Morgan (Bates) 11-4,11-5,11-2
(10.) Woo,Kathryn (Bowdoin) def. by Russell,Emily (Bates) 11-3,11-4,11-8
Bates 9, Northeastern 0
1. Laverty,Hannah (B) def. Raho,Emily (N) 11-3,11-5,11-3
2. Roller,Whitney (B) def. Snodgrass,D’Arcy (N) 11-4,11-4,11-5
3. Neal,Maura (B) def. Simone,Olivia (N) 11-7,11-4,11-2
4. Bragg,Alison (B) def. (unavailable) (N) 11-3,11-7,11-5
5. Cabot,Stephanie (B) def. Bau,Myriam (N) 11-2,11-2,11-1
6. Hogeland,Anna (B) def. Isasi,Maria (N) 11-4,11-6,11-2
7. Dorison,Liza (B) def. (unavailable) (N) 11-1,11-1,11-1
8. Maciewicz,Morgan (B) def. (unavailable) (N) 11-2,11-1,11-1
9. Russell,Emily (B) def. (unavailable) (N) 11-0,11-0,11-0