Men’s squash shuts out Fordham in New York, 8-0
NEW YORK — The Bates College men’s squash team coasted to an 8-0 win over Fordham University on Saturday at StreetSquash in Harlem.
The Bobcats (10-7) didn’t drop a game in their complete victory. No contest was held at the No. 9 position.
Next up for Bates are five matches this weekend, played as part of the Maine Open hosted by Bates and Bowdoin. On Friday at 7 p.m. the Bobcats take on Denison. On Saturday they’ll play four matches at the Bates Squash Center, beginning with the University of Vermont at 11 a.m., NESCAC rival Connecticut College at 1 p.m., Boston College at 6 p.m. and Northwestern University at 8 p.m.
Bates 8, Fordham 0
Jan. 22, 2011 at New York
1. Katz,William R. (B) def. Corbett,Colin (F) 11-5,11-6,11-7
2. Echeverria,Nicholas P. (B) def. (Unidentified) (F) 11-3,11-3,11-3
3. Keating,R. J. (B) def. Grosner,Andrew (F) 11-6,11-4,11-2
4. Burns,Robert P. (B) def. Souther,Christopher C. (F) 11-1,11-0,11-3
5. Muldoon,Kristian (B) def. (Unidentified) (F) 11-2,11-2,11-4
6. Compton,Doug (B) def. (Unidentified) (F) 11-4,11-2,11-2
7. Williams,Patrick (B) def. (Unidentified) (F) 11-3,11-3,11-3
8. Baker-White,Matthew G (B) def. (Unidentified) (F) 11-0,11-1,11-1
9. Match not played