Criteria For Approval
Student club proposals are evaluated by the Budgets & Clubs Board according to the following criteria:
- Compliance with the Bates College Student Handbook and College policies, including the College’s non-discrimination policy.
- Clearly articulated purpose, objectives, and goals of the proposed student organization.
- Demonstrated non-duplication of the mission/ purpose of previously recognized organizations. Demonstrated avoidance of evident similarity with another already-recognized student club.
- Feasibility of funding the organization’s goals or projects.
- Local autonomy of the organization: the organization makes decisions without obligation to any parent organization, national chapter, or charter.
- Interest by no fewer than seven Bates student-members.
- Demonstrated plan for sustainability of the organization.
- Demonstrated plan for storing club equipment/resources, if applicable.
- Demonstrated benefit to the members, campus, and/or community.
- Demonstrated need for recognition based on benefits provided to Bates-recognized organizations.