Breaks at Bates Event Funding
Breaks at Bates funding is available to students wishing to host an event or program open to all Bates students during official college breaks. These events/programs are coordinated by students and may include food that is aimed at bringing students together in meaningful ways.
All Breaks at Bates event sponsors should plan to fill out this form at least 7 days in advance of their event/program in order to receive funding for events. Requests made with less than 7 days notice may not be able to be fulfilled. Breaks at Bates is a funding source, and does not function as space reservation – sponsors must still reserve their intended space via events.bates.edu. Please note that the OIE is not reservable via this site; please contact Lexie Mucci at email@example.com to request use of that space. Questions concerning space reservation and programming can be directed to the Office of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaks at Bates programming and events require at least one student to serve as the official coordinator of the event who oversees the entirety of the event/program from its inception to clean-up and evaluation.
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Campus Life based on the following criteria:
- Breaks at Bates event dates and locations are determined on a first come, first serve basis. The Office of Campus Life reserves the right to deny an application and/or suggest an alternative date if a different event is already being held on that day.
- These events must be alcohol-free.
- Breaks at Bates events must be free, open to all Bates students, and advertised as such. Breaks at Bates events must be held on campus and may not involve off-campus travel.
- Events that provide alternative late-night programming on weekend nights will be given priority.
Once You’re Approved
The student(s) sponsoring the event are responsible for:
- Ensuring the event space is reserved via events.bates.edu. Breaks at Bates is a funding source, and does not function as space reservation. If this event is not affiliated with a club, please select “Breaks at Bates” as the reserving group when submitting your reservation. **Note that the OIE is not reservable. To request use of this space for your event, please contact Lexie Mucci at email@example.com.
- Publicity for the event. The Breaks at Bates logo (provided in your approval email) must be featured prominently on all marketing materials, including but not limited to print, digital signage, and social media.
- Organizing the event (including set-up and clean-up).
- Completing the Event/Program Planner Evaluation Form after the event.
- Submitting any receipts needed to be reimbursed (either personally or via transfer to a club account).