Wind Down Weekends
The Office of Campus Life offers Wind Down Weekends funding to support weekend programming promoting a safe and responsible drinking culture at Bates. Wind Down Weekends events occur in the Little Room in Chase Hall or the Underground in 280 College. You must be part of a Bates club or student organization to apply for this funding.
Clubs or organizations approved for Wind Down Weekends funding will have costs related to alcohol, harm reduction food and beverages, security, and servers completely covered. All other program costs will remain the responsibility of the club or organization.
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Campus Life based on the following criteria:
- The event must feature an activity distinct from the consumption of alcohol.
- The event must occur on a Friday or Saturday evening and may start no earlier than 10:00pm. Maine state law requires that alcohol service end by 1:00am.
- The event must be held in the Little Room in Chase Hall or the Underground in 280 College.
- The event may run for no more than 4 hours.
- The event must be open and free to all Bates students; students under 21 are strictly prohibited from alcohol consumption.
- At least 2 Security and 2 Event Support Assistants will be present at the event. An event may not be approved for a certain date based on the availability of these staff members..
Once You’re Approved
The clubs or student organizations sponsoring the event are responsible for:
- Publicity for the event. The Office of Campus Life must be listed as a co-sponsor on all marketing materials, including but not limited to print, digital signage, and social media. Please submit your marketing materials for approval no later than 7 days prior to the event to Nick Dressler at email@example.com.
- Organizing the event (including set-up and clean-up).
- Purchasing non-alcoholic beverages, food, and cups, and providing an itemized receipt of these purchases to the Office of Campus Life in order to complete necessary reimbursement forms.
- Ensuring that their event is abiding by all college policies and Maine State Law.
- Completing the Event Sponsor Evaluation Form after the event, including uploading any outstanding receipts needed to be reimbursed.