Wind Down Weekends
The Office of Campus Life offers Wind Down Weekends funding to support weekend programming promoting a safe and responsible drinking culture at Bates. Wind Down Weekends events occur in the Little Room in Chase Hall or the Underground in 280 College. Any individual student, student club, or student organization may apply for this funding. The individual who applies for this funding must be age 21 or older.
Events approved for Wind Down Weekends funding will have costs related to alcohol, harm reduction food and beverages, security, and servers completely covered by the Office of Campus Life. All other program costs will remain the responsibility of the club or organization. If an individual not affiliated with a club or organization is sponsoring an event, additional funds may be available to cover remaining programming costs.
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Campus Life based on the following criteria:
- The event must feature an activity distinct from the consumption of alcohol.
- The event must occur on a Friday or Saturday evening and may start no earlier than 10:00pm. Maine state law requires that alcohol service end by 1:00am.
- The event must be held in the Little Room in Chase Hall or the Underground in 280 College Street.
- The event may run for no more than 4 hours.
- The event must be open and free to Bates students. These events may not be open to the public.
- At least 2 Security and 1 Campus Life Event Staff member will be present at the event. An event may not be approved for a certain date based on the availability of these staff members.
Once You’re Approved
The individuals, clubs, or student organizations sponsoring the event are responsible for:
- Publicity for the event. The Office of Campus Life must be listed as a co-sponsor on all marketing materials, including but not limited to print, digital signage, and social media. Please submit your marketing materials for approval no later than 7 days prior to the event to Nevo Polonsky, Coordinator for Campus Life & Residential Programming, at email@example.com.
- Organizing the event (including set-up and clean-up).
- Purchasing non-alcoholic beverages, food, and cups, and providing an itemized receipt of these purchases to the Office of Campus Life in order to complete necessary reimbursement forms. Dining may also be able to assist in providing these.
- Ensuring that their event is abiding by all college policies and Maine State Law.
- Completing the Event Sponsor Evaluation Form after the event.
Please visit events.bates.edu to reserve your event space. Remember, Wind Down Weekends events may only be held in the Little Room in Chase Hall or 280 Underground. The Student Programming Fellow assigned to you will assist you with applying for Wind Down Weekends funding.
If you are not affiliated with a club or organization and want to apply for this funding, please select “Wind Down Weekends” as the reserving group at events.bates.edu.