Van Reservation Form
The Office of Campus Life has 3 vans available to Bates van-certified or age 25+ community members. Priority use of these vans are given to student clubs and organizations, and other student co- and extracurricular activities.
- Van Policies:
- Campus Life vans cannot be reserved for extended periods by any department, including for academic coursework and field trips. Similarly, we encourage student groups who are using these vans for overnight trips to place reservations 3 weeks in advance.
- Van 1 may be reserved for longer than five hours and has an associated fee of $30 for five hours or $60 for 24 hours.
- Vans 2 and 3 may not be checked out longer than five (5) hours and cannot be checked out beyond 2:00 am.
- CHECK VAN AVAILABILITY HERE
- If there isn’t a reservation listed, you may submit a reservation. Be advised, however, that the calendar is subject to change at the last minute and vans may be unavailable without a reservation listed.
- Potential Fees and Driver Responsibility:
- The driver and reserving party are responsible up to the $1000 insurance deductible in the case of collision damage. Failure to return the van on time will result in loss of van reserving privileges.
- Prior to returning please pick up any trash in the van and replenish the gas you use. Users of the van are responsible for their own gas. Be considerate of the next reservation and do not return the van with an empty tank. Gas costs can be submitted for reimbursement through your organization or department.
- Keys for the vans are picked up in the Security Office, and the vans are parked close to the Security building.
- VAN RESERVATIONS ARE PROCESSED MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10AM – 4PM. Reservations received outside these times will be processed the next class day. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours (during the week) prior to the time when the van is needed. Exceptions can be made in emergency situations.
- Reservation is not complete until receipt of confirmation from a Campus Life representative. Please contact the Office of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.