Gmail Day 1
A Guide for Bates Gmail on Day 1
Checklist for Success -
Login to Bates Gmail (http://email.bates.edu).
Recreate your Filters/Rules.
- There is no need to recreate any SPAM or PureMessage [PMX:###] rules since Gmail has built in SPAM monitoring and filtering.
Enable Keyboard Shortcuts so you can quickly navigate your Inbox with your keyboard.
Create a Signature that appears at the bottom of your messages.
If you are not a fan of the Conversation View, turn it off.
Change your Inbox Type to view your messages in a different order.
Import your address book from Thunderbird or Webmail into your Gmail Contacts.
Change Button icons to text.
Disable Web Clips.
Personally owned devices, click here for instructions on how to change your settings.
Where to get Help -
- Visit the Bates Google Apps for Education Resource Center
- Help Desk Services (207) 786-8222/x8222
Learning Opportunities -
- View the Gmail Interactive tour.
- Watch the Creating and Sending Messages tutorial.
- Signup for Workshop and Webinar sessions.
- Attend an “Ask the Expert” session.