The mission of the Bates Career Development Center (BCDC) is to partner with Bates students and alumni, faculty and staff, and recruiters to deliver exemplary career-related services including career coaching and exploration, skill-building and training.
The BCDC is committed to working closely with students and alumni through individual and personalized career exploration at every stage to achieve the following:
- Respect and support individual interests and goals throughout the career development process
- Develop customized career exploration strategies and life-long career management skills
- Collaborate with students and alumni to cultivate a keen understanding of the current marketplace and their own marketability
- Provide an array of opportunities to explore career options through experiential and hands-on learning combined with industry research
- Communicate information in an open and timely manner