How You Can Help
Stay Connected to the Bates Community in Meaningful Ways
Bates graduates are known for actively supporting Bates students and fellow alumni with their career planning. Supporting the Bates Career Development Center (BCDC) in its efforts is a very significant and easy way to give back to the College.
The Bates Career Development Center plays an active role in maintaining an expansive network of alumni who volunteer to share their opportunities and professional expertise with others who have similar interests. There are myriad ways for alumni to make an impact:
- Forward job or internship postings with your employer to the BCDC
- Encourage your employer to recruit at Bates and/or host an information session. Contact Colleen Coxe for further information.
- Sponsor a short-term (one to two days) job shadow opportunity through the Career Discovery In Practice (CDIP) program
- Attend Bates networking events on campus, or Bates Network gatherings in Boston, New York City, Portland (Maine), Chicago or Washington, D.C. to connect professionally with Bates alumni, students, parents, and guests
- Join the Bates Online Directory – an active network of Bates students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends
- Join relevant Bates LinkedIn groups
- Participate in a career panel specific to your industry
Please contact the BCDC (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more, or to volunteer. Thank you for your willingness to help Bates students and fellow alumni with their career development!