Application File Forms
Medical Studies Committee File Forms
- New applicants (pdf)
- Reapplicants (pdf)
- Please fill out all 4 pages, this will start your file.
- There is a release statement that “activates” your file at the end of your packet. Read it carefully.
- If you choose “only at my request,” we will not send out copies of your references without your permission. You will maintain complete control of the disposition of your file.
- If you choose “at the request of myself and perspective graduate schools,” you have given the BCDC permission to send your references upon the request of the programs to which you are applying.
- Self Assessement (.doc, .pdf)
Materials to Provide to Your Letter Writers
This form has to be filled out for EACH letter, including the Medical Studies Committee letter
Pay particular attention to the “Candidate’s Waiver Statement” where you must choose whether or not you want a “closed” or “open” letter, as well as whether or not you will allow your reference writer to disclose information contained in your academic record. This can include but is not limited to, your grades, your thesis, any of your written academic work or research, and any evaluations of your work or research.
- Closed: A choice of a closed letter means you are waiving your right to read the letter. No BCDC staff member or Medical Studies Committee member can divulge the contents, quality or tone of the letter to you. Writers of waived letters can write whatever they wish with the knowledge that their remarks will remain unknown to you.
- Open: The choice of an open reference letter means you can read and evaluate the letter to judge its appropriateness for your professional school search. Open letters may be viewed by some, particularly professional school admissions committees, as a less candid assessment of your potential.