Bates in Asia Internships
Through Bates in Asia, students join a cohort of Bates students and alumni who are deeply engaged with understanding and experiencing Asia’s dynamic economy, diverse culture, and global impact. Bates in Asia is a unique opportunity to explore your career interests, deepen your skills, and build your networks while immersed in Asian society. Thanks to the generous support of several Bates trustees, Bates in Asia interns will receive a $4500 internship award to make this experiential learning endeavor possible.
While some of the internships have specific language requirements or preferences, others are open to students who do not have previous experience with Asian studies.
Bates in Asia officially launched in summer 2013 and is now a part of the Purposeful Work Internship Program. Students should complete these 3 requirements to become eligible to apply to Bates in Asia internships. Bates in Asia interns will join peers in the Purposeful Work Intern cohort in setting goals, reflecting, and sharing their experiences through the steps outlined here.
2017 Bates in Asia internships:
- American Chamber of Commerce China: summer intern (communications, government affairs, or operations and events) in Beijing, China
- Bunun Cultural and Educational Foundation: coordinator in Taitung, Taiwan
- Dezan Shira & Associates: internships in China, India, or Vietnam
- Institutional Investor Forums: associate intern, Institutional Investor Forums & Memberships, in Hong Kong
- Larkin Trade International: summer intern in Beijing, China
Bates in Asia internships have included:
Please contact email@example.com for more information.