Internships & Job Shadowing
Internships are a great way to explore your interests and consider possible future careers!
- For internship listings, please log on to JobCat. Don’t forget to check the Liberal Arts Career Network icon after you login (thousands of internships nationwide).
- There are many paid internships posted in JobCat with programs including Ladd Internships, Bates in Asia, Innovate for Maine and the Hanley Health Internships.
- Grants are available during the summer and academic year to help fund student experiences locally, nationally and internationally.
- Job Shadows can give you insight into various career fields. Bates alumni, parents, and local employers offer students from all class years the opportunity to spend a day or two on the job at work places across the country. Read about our signature Career Discovery in Practicejob shadow program (CDIP) to get started.
- Great internship listings broken down by industry in SpotlightonCareers.org (developed by career staff) and check out our partnership with Internships.com
- Internships for Credit: One credit is available for successful completion of up to two qualifying internships (total of two credits). Please be aware that internship credit will not count as one of the 34 credits required for graduation (32 semester credits plus 2 short term credits), nor will in be included in a student’s GPA. For information and application procedures and forms, please log on to your JobCat account at jobcat.bates.edu. Click on the “Resources” tab and select Internships for Credit. If you do not know your JobCat password, please click “forgot password”. Do not create a new account. If you have questions after you have downloaded and read the available materials, please contact Nancy Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines: Applications for credit for Summer 2014 internships are due by July 1, 2014 or two weeks before the internship begins, whichever comes first.