Benefits For Sponsors
- The program serves as an excellent recruitment tool. Selection is highly competitive so employers are able to hire a well-qualified student.
- The organization has the services of bright undergraduates who will devote their entire time to projects of importance to the entity at a cost shared by Bates College. Many of the projects undertaken by Bates interns in the past have resulted in significant savings to the employer.
- Because of the Bates Short Term Unit at the end of the academic year, many students are available to work for four consecutive months.
- The sponsoring organization benefits from the positive image that returning interns convey to their peers and faculty.
- Interviews may take place on campus, by phone, or Skype, at the Sponsor’s preference. Sponsors hire their own interns from among the applicants.