Counseling & Career Development Fellows
We strive to partner with you as you empower yourself with skills and personalized strategies that will serve you for years to come. Similar to the college search process, career development is highly individualized and requires significant planning and preparation.
Walk in hours during Short Term at BCDC are held Monday – Thursday 1:00-3:00pm at the BCDC. Please note that walk ins take place only while classes are in session.
We strongly encourage you to get to know us and our resources early in your college career:
Career Counseling and Advising
BCDC career counselors are available to meet one-on-one by appointment to address your specific needs and to guide you through the career exploration process:
- Receive an overview of BCDC resources
- Learn how to conduct industry research and network in order to fully explore career options, graduate/professional school opportunities, and fellowships
- Develop and polish resumes and cover letters as you prepare to apply for internships and jobs
- Conduct mock interviews
- Complete online self-assessment instruments such as the SkillScan Express, iStart Strong and Career Beam; meet with a counselor to interpret and assess your interests, skills, preferences and personal characteristics
- Discuss job offers and salary negotiations
Career Development Fellows
Students selected for this leadership position demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of the career development process, and proven success in their own career development. Career Development Fellows work closely with the BCDC professional staff to:
- Engage first-years and sophomores to launch their career exploration process
- Educate and guide fellow students on career topics through workshops, events and walk-in hours
- Serve as role models by sharing their own experiences
- Assist the BCDC in developing strategies to fully engage students, faculty, and staff
Please let us know how we may assist you as you navigate this exciting process!