Counseling & Purposeful Work Fellows
We strive to partner with you as you empower yourself with skills and personalized strategies that will serve you for years to come. Similar to the college search process, career development is highly individualized and requires significant planning and preparation.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 4:30pm with evening workshops and employer info sessions in a variety of locations (check Handshake for the schedule).
Monday 1-3pm (Chase Hall) * 7-9pm (OIE) * Tuesday 1-3pm (Chase Hall) * 11-1 (FPL Commons) 7-9pm (The Ronj) Wednesday 1-3pm (Chase Hall) * 7-9pm (Ladd/ARC) * Thursday 1-3pm (Chase Hall) * 7-9pm (Ladd/ARC) * Friday 1-3pm (Chase Hall) *
*Please note: There are no walk-ins during final exams or breaks.
We strongly encourage you to get to know us and our resources early in your college career:
Career Counseling and Advising
Center for Purposeful Work counselors are available to meet one-on-one by appointment to address your specific needs and to guide you through the career exploration process:
- Receive an overview of Purposeful Work programs and resources
- Learn how to conduct industry research and network in order to fully explore career options, graduate/professional school opportunities, and fellowships
- Develop and polish resumes and cover letters as you prepare to apply for internships and jobs
- Conduct mock interviews
- Complete online self-assessment instruments such as the SkillScan Express, iStart Strong and Pymetrics; meet with a counselor to interpret and assess your interests, skills, preferences and personal characteristics
- Discuss job offers and salary negotiations
Purposeful Work Fellows
Students selected for this leadership position demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of Purposeful Work and the career exploration process, and proven success in their own career development. Fellows work closely with the Center for Purposeful Work professional staff to:
- Engage first-years and sophomores to launch their exploration process
- Educate and guide fellow students on work and career topics through workshops, events and walk-in hours
- Serve as role models by sharing their own experiences
- Assist the Center in developing strategies to fully engage students, faculty, and staff
Please let us know how we may assist you as you navigate this exciting process!