Event description and registration info
Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid
Oct. 29, 2011, Bates College, Pettengill Hall
- Press release: “Higher ed leaders to discuss cost — and value — of top-quality higher education”
- See the symposium schedule
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum, professor emerita of economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board
A discussion featuring Archibald, Feldman and Baum together with two leaders in college admission, Jane Bode Brown ’69, vice president for enrollment management at Northeastern University; and James S. Miller, dean of admission at Brown University.
Registration is limited to the first 200 participants
Register by Oct. 25 online or contact Jessie Govindasamy in the Office of the President at email@example.com or 207-786-6102.
The symposium is offered without cost as a public service from Bates College for higher education leaders in New England.
Symposium News & Updates
- Debaters Blackburn and Stewart bring home national championship
- Hire smart people and lean on the Bates network, says Entrepreneurship speaker Bruce Stangle ’70
- Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkerson is Commencement 2014 speaker, joining honorands John Seely Brown, Glenn Close and David Shaw
- 20 years after it began, three perspectives on the genocide in Rwanda
- Six questions with Professor Alexandre Dauge-Roth on the 20th anniversary of the genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda
- Goetz ’90 brings ‘The Remedy’ to campus
- Aliza Luft ’06 examines ‘risky defections’ during the genocide in Rwanda
- Calidore String Quartet to perform
- Conference at Bates explores women’s ritual activities in ancient times
- Short Term, alive and kicking and ‘optimized for experimentation,’ begins April 21