Event description and registration info
Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid
Oct. 29, 2011, Bates College, Pettengill Hall
- Press release: “Higher ed leaders to discuss cost — and value — of top-quality higher education”
- See the symposium schedule
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum, professor emerita of economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board
A discussion featuring Archibald, Feldman and Baum together with two leaders in college admission, Jane Bode Brown ’69, vice president for enrollment management at Northeastern University; and James S. Miller, dean of admission at Brown University.
Registration is limited to the first 200 participants
Register by Oct. 25 online or contact Jessie Govindasamy in the Office of the President at email@example.com or 207-786-6102.
The symposium is offered without cost as a public service from Bates College for higher education leaders in New England.
Symposium News & Updates
- The Class of 2013, by the numbers
- BatesNews: May 2013
- Faculty to perform Headlong Dance Theater piece in Portland
- Sun Journal offers Q-and-A with Harward Center’s Darby Ray
- Scientific American quotes Adler ’00 research on negative emotions and well-being
- Sunday Telegram profiles Metropolis Ensemble founder Andrew Cyr ’96
- Boston Spirit Magazine blog profiles On the Town actor John Ambrosino ’01
- Bates produces its largest-ever number of Fulbright grant recipients
- “MOOC” master discusses new teaching approach with Bates faculty
- Alumni make May 15 a “great day”