Event description and registration info
Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid
Oct. 29, 2011, Bates College, Pettengill Hall
- Press release: “Higher ed leaders to discuss cost — and value — of top-quality higher education”
- See the symposium schedule
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum, professor emerita of economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board
A discussion featuring Archibald, Feldman and Baum together with two leaders in college admission, Jane Bode Brown ’69, vice president for enrollment management at Northeastern University; and James S. Miller, dean of admission at Brown University.
Registration is limited to the first 200 participants
Register by Oct. 25 online or contact Jessie Govindasamy in the Office of the President at email@example.com or 207-786-6102.
The symposium is offered without cost as a public service from Bates College for higher education leaders in New England.
Symposium News & Updates
- Four days, four concerts: Sample a world of music at Olin
- Olin quartet series resumes with Spain’s renowned Cuarteto Quiroga
- With soloists Glazer and Parakilas, Bates Orchestra presents two-piano concerto
- Silk Trio presents classical, traditional music of China on March 14
- Unforgettable Irish sextet Danú performs March 13
- Pickens book explores embodied experience in African American, Arab American writing
- Slideshow: This Month at Bates
- ‘Enjoy,’ a black comedy depicting Japan’s ‘Lost Generation,’ opens at Bates
- Events at Bates: March 1–31, 2014
- Ethan Lipton & his Orchestra to perform acclaimed song cycle about job loss