Event description and registration info
Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid
Oct. 29, 2011, Bates College, Pettengill Hall
- Press release: “Higher ed leaders to discuss cost — and value — of top-quality higher education”
- See the symposium schedule
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum, professor emerita of economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board
A discussion featuring Archibald, Feldman and Baum together with two leaders in college admission, Jane Bode Brown ’69, vice president for enrollment management at Northeastern University; and James S. Miller, dean of admission at Brown University.
Registration is limited to the first 200 participants
Register by Oct. 25 online or contact Jessie Govindasamy in the Office of the President at email@example.com or 207-786-6102.
The symposium is offered without cost as a public service from Bates College for higher education leaders in New England.
Symposium News & Updates
- Finals week Instagram photo contest draws 150-plus entries (vote now!)
- As the Jan. 1 deadline nears, the Bates admission team offers advice to apply
- Southern Maine’s TideSmart Radio interviews President Spencer
- ‘Intricate Glances’: Dance, anthropology meet here
- ‘Intricate Glances’ in a senior thesis dance piece
- Annual Service of Lessons and Carols takes place Dec. 8
- Bates-directed climate project in Shetland Islands wins environmental award
- Bangor Daily News profiles backcountry ski series creator Ben Leoni ’05
- Slide Show: This Month at Bates
- Jazz Band, Steel Pan Orchestra, Arc Iris, classical guitarist take turns in spotlight