The Case for a Cost Symposium
It’s complicated. Why is higher education so expensive, and just what is the product that these high tuitions buy? How does financial aid fit in, and how accessible is it? These questions and others are of perennial concern for students, families and educators, and the answers are not simple.
The need to provide better information about college costs — clearly evidenced by last summer’s “apples and oranges” media coverage — inspired Bates, Brown and Northeastern to bring the nation’s top experts on these issues together in a Leadership Symposium on Cost, Price and Financial Aid.
Symposium News & Updates
- Calidore String Quartet to perform
- Conference at Bates explores women’s ritual activities in ancient times
- Events at Bates: May 1–25, 2014
- Project for Peace award goes to Tatro, Schriger for humanitarian work in Rwanda
- Slideshow: 12 student offerings from the 2014 Barlow off-campus photo exhibition
- Innovative techniques — and a faculty couple — mark film about family by Saddlemire ’05
- Trustee Lisa Barry ’77 brings deep experience in international government relations
- Watson Fellows to explore marine algae industry, donation of body parts
- 2014 Watson Fellow Brian Kennedy
- 2014 Watson Fellow Simone Schriger