The Case for a Cost Symposium
It’s complicated. Why is higher education so expensive, and just what is the product that these high tuitions buy? How does financial aid fit in, and how accessible is it? These questions and others are of perennial concern for students, families and educators, and the answers are not simple.
The need to provide better information about college costs — clearly evidenced by last summer’s “apples and oranges” media coverage — inspired Bates, Brown and Northeastern to bring the nation’s top experts on these issues together in a Leadership Symposium on Cost, Price and Financial Aid.
Symposium News & Updates
- Southern Maine’s TideSmart Radio interviews President Spencer
- ‘Intricate Glances’: Dance, anthropology meet here
- ‘Intricate Glances’ in a senior thesis dance piece
- Annual Service of Lessons and Carols takes place Dec. 8
- Bates-directed climate project in Shetland Islands wins environmental award
- Bangor Daily News profiles backcountry ski series creator Ben Leoni ’05
- Slide Show: This Month at Bates
- Jazz Band, Steel Pan Orchestra, Arc Iris, classical guitarist take turns in spotlight
- Guitarist Göran Söllscher to perform Dec. 8
- Bates jazz, steel pan ensembles in back-to-back concerts