Symposium News Coverage
While the cost of higher education is certainly rising, a group of national leaders in higher education told an Oct. 29 gathering at Bates, that cost is neither inflated nor out of proportion with the considerable benefits of a higher education.
- Read the news story about the Leadership Symposium on Cost, Value and Financial Aid.
- View video clips of the featured speakers.
- View the full symposium.
- Read “Education experts defend price of college degree,” the Hechinger Report’s coverage of the symposium by Jon Marcus ’82.
Symposium News & Updates
- 20 years after it began, three perspectives on the genocide in Rwanda
- Six questions with Professor Alexandre Dauge-Roth on the 20th anniversary of the genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda
- Goetz ’90 brings ‘The Remedy’ to campus
- Aliza Luft ’06 examines ‘risky defections’ during Rwanda’s genocide
- Calidore String Quartet to perform
- Conference at Bates explores women’s ritual activities in ancient times
- Short Term, alive and kicking and ‘optimized for experimentation,’ begins April 21
- Events at Bates: May 1–25, 2014
- Project for Peace award goes to Tatro, Schriger for humanitarian work in Rwanda
- Slideshow: 12 student offerings from the 2014 Barlow off-campus photo exhibition