Our Experts Speak Out (video)
Bates College, in partnership with Brown University and Northeastern University, will host approximately 200 New England higher education leaders for a Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid, featuring an array of national experts on these subject.
Robert Archibald and David Feldman are authors of the recent leading text, Why Does College Cost So Much?
In this video, Archibald and Feldman discuss their book:
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum is professor emerita of Economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board.
In this video, Baum speaks at a “town hall” conversation sponsored by Skidmore about the cost and value of a liberal arts education:
Honorary Symposium Chair
Bates trustee Jamie Merisotis ’86 is president and CEO of Lumina Foundation for Education.
In this video, Merisotis addresses business leaders at the Committee for Economic Development that employers must become active and committed advocates for higher education policy change:
Symposium News & Updates
- Project for Peace award goes to Tatro, Schriger for humanitarian work in Rwanda
- Slideshow: 12 student offerings from the 2014 Barlow off-campus photo exhibition
- Innovative techniques — and a faculty couple — mark film about family by Saddlemire ’05
- Trustee Lisa Barry ’77 brings deep experience in international government relations
- Watson Fellows to explore marine algae industry, donation of body parts
- 2014 Watson Fellow Brian Kennedy
- 2014 Watson Fellow Simone Schriger
- Slideshow: This Month at Bates
- Slideshow: 2014 Mount David Summit’s happy, if trippy, scene
- Senior Thesis Exhibition, display of Polish posters open April 4 at Museum of Art