Our Experts Speak Out (video)
Bates College, in partnership with Brown University and Northeastern University, will host approximately 200 New England higher education leaders for a Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid, featuring an array of national experts on these subject.
Robert Archibald and David Feldman are authors of the recent leading text, Why Does College Cost So Much?
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum is professor emerita of Economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board.
Honorary Symposium Chair
Bates trustee Jamie Merisotis ’86 is president and CEO of Lumina Foundation for Education.
In this video, Merisotis addresses business leaders at the Committee for Economic Development that employers must become active and committed advocates for higher education policy change:
Symposium News & Updates
- The Class of 2013, by the numbers
- BatesNews: May 2013
- Faculty to perform Headlong Dance Theater piece in Portland
- Sun Journal offers Q-and-A with Harward Center’s Darby Ray
- Scientific American quotes Adler ’00 research on negative emotions and well-being
- Sunday Telegram profiles Metropolis Ensemble founder Andrew Cyr ’96
- Boston Spirit Magazine blog profiles On the Town actor John Ambrosino ’01
- Bates produces its largest-ever number of Fulbright grant recipients
- “MOOC” master discusses new teaching approach with Bates faculty
- Alumni make May 15 a “great day”