Our Experts Speak Out (video)
Bates College, in partnership with Brown University and Northeastern University, will host approximately 200 New England higher education leaders for a Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid, featuring an array of national experts on these subject.
Robert Archibald and David Feldman are authors of the recent leading text, Why Does College Cost So Much?
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum is professor emerita of Economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board.
Honorary Symposium Chair
Bates trustee Jamie Merisotis ’86 is president and CEO of Lumina Foundation for Education.
In this video, Merisotis addresses business leaders at the Committee for Economic Development that employers must become active and committed advocates for higher education policy change:
Symposium News & Updates
- ‘Intricate Glances’: Dance, anthropology meet here
- ‘Intricate Glances’ in a senior thesis dance piece
- Annual Service of Lessons and Carols takes place Dec. 8
- Bates-directed climate project in Shetland Islands wins environmental award
- Bangor Daily News profiles backcountry ski series creator Ben Leoni ’05
- Slide Show: This Month at Bates
- Jazz Band, Steel Pan Orchestra, Arc Iris, classical guitarist take turns in spotlight
- Guitarist Göran Söllscher to perform Dec. 8
- Bates jazz, steel pan ensembles in back-to-back concerts
- Arc Iris visits Dec. 7, led by founder Jocie Adams, formerly of Low Anthem