Our Experts Speak Out (video)
Bates College, in partnership with Brown University and Northeastern University, will host approximately 200 New England higher education leaders for a Leadership Symposium on College Cost, Price and Financial Aid, featuring an array of national experts on these subject.
Robert Archibald and David Feldman are authors of the recent leading text, Why Does College Cost So Much?
In this video, Archibald and Feldman discuss their book:
Update on National Trends in Student Financial Aid
Sandy Baum is professor emerita of Economics at Skidmore College and adviser to the College Board.
In this video, Baum speaks at a “town hall” conversation sponsored by Skidmore about the cost and value of a liberal arts education:
Honorary Symposium Chair
Bates trustee Jamie Merisotis ’86 is president and CEO of Lumina Foundation for Education.
In this video, Merisotis addresses business leaders at the Committee for Economic Development that employers must become active and committed advocates for higher education policy change:
Symposium News & Updates
- Four days, four concerts: Sample a world of music at Olin
- Olin quartet series resumes with Spain’s renowned Cuarteto Quiroga
- With soloists Glazer and Parakilas, Bates Orchestra presents two-piano concerto
- Silk Trio presents classical, traditional music of China on March 14
- Unforgettable Irish sextet Danú performs March 13
- Pickens book explores embodied experience in African American, Arab American writing
- Slideshow: This Month at Bates
- ‘Enjoy,’ a black comedy depicting Japan’s ‘Lost Generation,’ opens at Bates
- Events at Bates: March 1–31, 2014
- Ethan Lipton & his Orchestra to perform acclaimed song cycle about job loss