4 Andrews Road
Built 1999; 91,000 square feet
Pettengill is named in honor of the late Frederick B. “Pat” Pettengill, Bates class of 1931, and his wife, Ursula P. Pettengill. Pettengill Hall houses Bates’ Social Science Departments and related Interdisciplinary programs, and features expanded faculty office and department lounge space, multimediaand seminar classrooms, and Perry Atrium, an 8,000-square-foot three-story glass atrium overlooking Lake Andrews.
Pettengill has several classrooms ranging in sizes of 15 to 120 as well as two computer labs.