Creating a Quiz
Creating a new quiz is a two-step process. In the first step, you create the quiz activity and set its options which specify the rules for interacting with the quiz. In the second step you add questions to the quiz.
Step I: Create the quiz activity
1. Go to your course in Lyceum
2. Turn editing on (in the Administration block, under “Course administration” click “Turn editing on”)
3. Navigate to the week or section in which you would like to add your quiz and click on “Add an activity or resource.”
4. In the window that pops up, select “Quiz” and click “Add” at the bottom of the window.
5. Here you can create the settings for the quiz, including open and close dates, grade categories (for Gradebook users), and question behavior, among others.
Note that these settings can be changed at a later date by clicking on “Edit settings” in the Quiz administration block after selecting the quiz activity (see image on right). However, as a general rule of thumb, you do not want to change quiz settings after the quiz has started accepting submissions.
** For more detailed information on quiz settings, follow this link: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Quiz_settings
Step II: Adding questions to the quiz
1. Once the quiz has been created, click on the quiz activity in the Navigation block or main window to begin adding questions. In the page that opens, click “Edit quiz.”
2. On the page that opens, you can begin adding your quiz questions by selecting “a new question” from the Add dropdown menu.
Note that you can also access this section by clicking on “Edit quiz” in the Quiz administration block.
** For more detailed information on building a quiz and quiz questions, including more advanced topics such as using question banks, follow this link: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Building_Quiz