- Do not remove dishes from Commons.
- Practice “Happy Tray” procedures by placing napkins in the napkin bin, silverware in the silverware tray and turning glasses upside down on the conveyor belt to the dish room.
- Shoes and shirts are required.
- No food games.
- No pets allowed.
- Access to Commons is limited to those students who have the proper identification card and to guests who purchase individual meals or have been granted access by students using a guest pass. Students who give their ID card to another person, share meals with someone not on the meal plan, carry food out of the dining hall or otherwise create a disturbance therein may be subject to fines, loss of dining privileges or the performance of community-service hours in Dining Services, as determined by the Dean of Students Office.
- If you are part of a group that is seeking food for an off-campus activity you must contact the Catering Office in Commons (786-6298 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) Please allow at least 24 hours notice on these activities.
Removal of Food
Food may not be removed from Commons, either to share with someone not on the board plan, someone who cannot attend a meal or to stock your room for meals you may miss. Accommodations for missed meals are definitely possible but the following procedures must be adhered to in order to ensure that the proper ordering, handling and accounted procedures are observed.
Student with class conflicts
Bag lunches are available for those who are unable to eat in Commons due to a class conflict. A student wishing to order a bag lunch must see Darlene Zupancic
(753-6989 or email@example.com ) in Dining Services’ Main Office and fill out a form at least one day prior to the lunch needed. Please bring your class schedule with you. All bag lunches will be picked up in the morning.
Students leaving on approved academic, athletic, or organization trips
Catering arranges food orders for academic field trips, athletic events, and student organization trips at no charge for all participants on the board plan. These orders should be placed for the entire group by the person in charge of the trip (eg. A professor or designee, a coach or responsible person of a student organization) giving at least a 3 business day notification prior to the event. The organization, team or department will be charged only for those who are not on the board plan.
Students who are confied to the Health Center will be provided with meals. Those students who cannot goto Commons due to medical reason should contact Christine Schwartz firstname.lastname@example.org to make dining arrangments.