- Boys Town Suicide and Crisis Line: 800-448-3000 or 800-448-1833 (TDD)
- Provides short-term crisis intervention and counseling and referrals to local community resources. Counsels on parent-child conflicts, marital and family issues, suicide, pregnancy, runaway youth, physical and sexual abuse, and other issues. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Covenant House Hotline: 800-999-9999
- Crisis line for youth, teens, and families. Gives callers locally based referrals throughout the United States. Provides help for youth and parents regarding drugs, abuse, homelessness, runaway children, and message relays. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- National Domestic Violence/Child Abuse/ Sexual Abuse: 800-799-SAFE /800-799-7233/800-787-3224 TDD
- 800-942-6908 Spanish Speaking
- 24-hour-a-day hotline, Provides crisis intervention and referrals to local services and shelters for victims of partner or spousal abuse. English and Spanish speaking advocates are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Staffed by trained volunteers who are ready to connect people with emergency help in their own communities, including emergency services and shelters.
- The staff can also provide information and referrals for a variety of non-emergency services, including counseling for adults and children, and assistance in reporting abuse. They have an extensive database of domestic violence treatment providers in all US states and territories. Many staff members speak languages besides English, and they have 24-hour access to translators for approximately 150 languages. For the hearing impaired, there is a TDD number. This is a great resource for anyone–man, woman or child–who is experiencing or has experienced domestic violence or abuse, or who suspects that someone they know is being abused.
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-829-1122
Eating and Associated Disorders
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD): 847-831-3438 (long distance)
- National Mental Health Association: 800-969-6642 9AM-5PM Mon-Fri information on mental health topics and referrals, access to an info specialist
HIV/AIDS/Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- The CDC (Center for Disease Control) National Prevention Information Network: 1-800-458-5231 9AM-6PM Mon-Fri includes info on new medicines, treatment trials, HIV & AIDS, with info specialists avail. to answer questions; also at www.CDCNAC.org (CDC National Aids Clearinghouse)
- National AIDS Hotline: 800-342-AIDS (2437)
- Information and referrals to local hotlines, testing centers, and counseling. Open 24 hours, seven days a week.
- AIDS Hotline in Spanish: 800-344-SIDA (7432) Open 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, seven days a week.
- AIDS Hotline for the Hearing Impaired: 800-243-7889 (TDD) Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday
- National Sexually Transmitted Disease Hotline: 800-227-8922 Information and referrals to free and low-cost public clinics. Operators can answer general questions on prevention, symptoms, transmission and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. Open 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease & AIDS/HIV Information Hotline: 800-332-2437, TTY – 800-332-3889 (Ohio)
- 1-800-840-6537: Parent Hotline is a website dedicated to helping families who are in a crisis situation. It lists behaviors for parents to be aware of such as drug use and a questionnaire on if a child is in need of intervention. Very resourceful site.
- Poison Control Any Kind of Substance: 800-662-9886
- Poison Control: 800-222-1222
- Nationwide RAINN National Rape Crisis Hotline: 800-656-4673
- 24/7 Drug and Alcohol Rehab Referral Service (Private, High End Facilities) 1-800-521-7128
- 24 Hour Drug Addiction Hotlines
- Drug rehab referral services; includes large list of drug-specific helplines and hotlines.
- 24 Hour Alcohol Abuse Recovery Hotline
- Alcohol rehab referral services; includes state and local hotline information and treatment center facility locator.
- The Alcohol & Drug Addiction Resource Center 1 800 390 4056
- Boys Town National Hotline 800-448-3000
- National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 800-662-HELP (4357)
- Information, support, treatment options and referrals to local rehab centers for any drug or alcohol problem. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- National Cocaine Hotline: 800-COCAINE (262-2463)
- Information, crisis intervention, and referrals to local rehab centers for all types of drug dependency. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
- Al-ateen: 800-352-9996
- Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 800-234-0246
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Helpline and Treatment: 800-234-0420
- Alcohol Hotline Support & Information: 800-331-2900