Safe Places & Emergency Phones
Where to go when you need immediate help
- 1 – Harward Center for Community Partnerships, Multifaith Chaplain. 161-163 Wood St.
- 9 – Chapel. 275 College St.
- 10 – Student Activities Center, Post Office, Bobcat Den, College Store, Concierge. Chase Hall, 56 Campus Ave.
- 28 – Health Center. 31 Campus Ave.
- 34 – Human Resources. 215 College St.
- 36 – Office of Intercultural Education, Dean for Student Transitions. 63 Campus Ave.
- 38 – Student Affairs. Lane Hall.
- 64 – Security and Campus Safety.245 College St.
Blue Dots: 130+ Security phones on campus
Security & Campus Safety promotes and encourages the use of these phones. These phones are connected directly to Security & Campus Safety — no dialing is required. The Security Phone System is monitored by the Communications Officer and is activated when the large red button in the center of the phone is pushed. If a phone is activated and the Communications Officer does not receive a response, an officer is immediately dispatched to that location. Security Phones may be used to contact Security & Campus Safety for any reason, such as to call for an escort, report a suspicious person, or to report an emergency.
Communications Officers can contact the appropriate emergency personnel, whether it’s Security & Campus Safety, police, fire, or medical personnel, and direct them to your location. Each Security Phone has a blue light above it which is clearly visible at night. You should become familiar with the locations of the Security Phones and their operation. Each phone is checked daily for any defects and communication problems.