- Do not allow people whom you do not recognize into your residence hall. Ask for Bates ID.
- Protect your neighbors; do not prop open doors to residence halls. This may allow trespassers to enter the residence hall without being identified.
- If you see a suspicious individual loitering around a residence hall or walking the campus, report that person to Security at once.
- If you receive an obscene or harassing phone call, hang up immediately and notify Security.
- If you have been the victim of any crime, immediately contact Security for help.
- Always lock your door whenever you leave your room, even if it is for a short time.
- Always lock your bike. At night, bring your bike inside and lock it.
- Register your car and/or bike with Security.
Security & Campus Safety: 245 College St. (207) 786-6254.