Faculty Calendar Deadlines
The following items are due to the Dean of the Faculty’s Office by the dates noted. Please see the specific guidelines for submission.
September 1: 3 Year Plan of Leaves: Faculty to notify their Department/Program Chair of intent to apply for a course reduction or leave (Phillips Fellowships, Enhanced sabbatical, Sabbatical, Pre-tenure leave, or Leave of absence) for 2014-15, 2015-16 or 2016-17.
September 3: Fall ’13 semester begins.
- First Year Seminars begin at 8:30 AM
- Convocation - 4:10 PM
September 5: Personnel letters due.
September 9: Faculty Meeting with reception immediately following, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Rm 201
September 11 – 17: Fall ’13 registration adjustment period (add/drop) opens for all students – Instructor permission is required. Last day for registration adjustments is September 17th.
September 16: Faculty submit Phillips Faculty Fellowship electronic application.
September 27 – 29: Parents and Families Weekend
September 30: New faculty submit their course proposals for Winter and Short Term on Garnet Gateway.
- Faculty submit Extra-Cost Short Term proposal form with letters of approval from Chairs to the Off-Campus Study office for review by the Off-Campus Study Committee.
- Candidates submit outside evaluator names and an updated vita to DOF (personnel review for promotion)
October 7: Faculty Meeting, 4:15pm @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
- Faculty submit their Extra-Cost Short Term course for approval using the online course proposal system in Garnet Gateway (under the Course Maintenance menu)
- Faculty submit Short Term 2014 new course proposals due REGISTRAR
October 16 – 20: Fall Recess
- Faculty submit electronic applications for Enhanced sabbaticals, Sabbaticals, Pre-tenure leaves, Leaves of absence, and Course reductions to DOF.
- Personnel letters due from Chairs and colleagues for tenure candidates to DOF.
- Faculty submit proposals for GECs for next academic year on the Garnet Gateway
- Faculty submit proposal for new Fall 2014 FYSs to REGISTRAR
November 22: Faculty submit petitions for Winter 2014 semester courses to REGISTRAR.
November 23 – December 1: Thanksgiving Recess.
- Faculty meeting, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
- Phillips Fellowship Dinner and presentation following the Faculty meeting, 6:00 PM @ New Commons, Rooms 221/222.
December 6: Classes end, 4:00 PM
December 10: Final Examinations begin, 8:00 AM.
December 14: Final Examinations end, 12:30 PM.
December 14 – January 5: Holiday Recess
December 25: Submit Fall 2013 final grades to Registrar
January 6: Winter ’14 semester begins.
- Faculty Meeting, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
- Phillips Fellowship Dinner and presentation following Faculty meeting, 6:00 PM @ New Commons, Rooms 221/222.
- Faculty submit proposals for new courses for Fall 2014 and Winter 2015, including First-Year Seminars and W1 on Garnet Gateway.
- Faculty submit requests to add or remove General Education Attributes (S, L, Q, W) to existing courses on the Garnet Gateway.
January 17: Last day for Winter 2014 registration adjustments (adds).
January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (workshops take the place of classes)
February 1 – 7: Registration for Off-Campus and alternate date Short Term courses.
February 3: Faculty Meeting, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
February 15 – 23: Winter Recess.
- Personnel letters due for promotion.
February 28: Last day for withdrawal from winter semester courses (drops)
March 3: Faculty Meeting, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term and Fall ’14 semester.
March 15: Candidate submits outside evaluator names and an updated vita for tenure personnel review.
March 28: Mt. David Summit
- Faculty submit student petitions for Fall 2014 semester courses.
April 1: Faculty submit application for additional faculty travel funds to Jason Scheideman.
April 4: Classes end, winter semester. 4:00 PM
April 7: Faculty Meeting, 4:15 PM @ Muskie Archives, Room 201
April 8: Final Examinations begin. 8:00 AM
April 12: Final Examinations end. 12:30 PM
April 12 – 20: Spring Recess
April 21: Short Term ’14 begins
April 22: Submit final grades for Winter 2014 to REGISTRAR
April 23: Last day for on-campus Short Term registration adjustments (adds)
April 25: Last day for withdrawal from on-campus Short Term courses (drops)
May 5: Faculty Meeting with luncheon. Noon @ Muskie Archives, Room 201 (Subject to Change).
May 21: Last possible due date for Winter 2014 deferred grades for seniors – REGISTRAR
- Short Term classes end. 4:00 PM
- Deadline to notify Registrar’s office of any senior failing a Short Term 2014 course. 12:00 PM
May 23 – 25: Commencement Weekend
June 3: Faculty to submit final grades for Short Term 2014 to REGISTRAR
June 6 – 8: Reunion Weekend
June 15: Faculty submit Professional Activities Report (PAR) to email@example.com
June 30: Fiscal Year End
- Faculty submit all invoices to Accounting Office.