Chairs’ Calendar Deadlines
- Academic Year: 2012-2013
The following Items are due by the dates noted. Please see the specific guidelines for submission.
- Faculty to notify Chairs of their intent to apply for: Phillips Fellowships, Enhanced sabbaticals, Sabbaticals, Pre-tenure leaves, Leaves of absence, and Course reductions.
- Dean of the Faculty’s Office sends Chairs its record of faculty eligible for leaves for the next three year.
- Dean of the Faculty’s Office sends Chairs information about the Lectureships eligible for renewal.
September 5: Personnel letters due for reappointment.
- Chairs submit their projected three-year plan of leaves and course reductions spreadsheet to DOF.
- DOF sends Chairs an updated list of anticipated leaves.
- Faculty submit Extra-Cost Short Term proposals with letters of approval from Chairs to the Off-Campus Study office.
- Chairs submit outside evaluator names to DOF (personnel review for promotion).
- Chairs submit electronically their Pre-proposals for Authorizations of faculty positions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chairs submit electronic forms for replacements for faculty receiving Phillips Fellowships, Whiting Fellowship, Enhanced sabbaticals, Sabbaticals, Pre-tenure leaves, Leaves of absence, Course reductions and Requests for Additional courses to DOF.
- Personnel letters due from Chairs and colleagues for tenure candidates to DOF.
- Chairs send titles and instructors of First-Year Seminars to the Chair of FYS/W Committee.
- Chairs send corrections to draft of Short Term schedule to Registrar.
- Chairs submit operating budget requests and capital requests to the Dean of the Faculty’s Office and Budget Office
January 15: Catalog copy sent to Chairs for review and revision
- Chairs submit Fall ’13, Winter ’14, and Short Term ’14 grids including FYS instructors and titles to the Registrar on the Garnet Gateway. (Online Grid forms available on the Garnet Gateway in early January)
- Notify DOF (email@example.com) no later than January 31 of your plans for replacing positions and courses (search, rehire, etc.).
- Chairs submit online workload sheets on Garnet Gateway
February 15: Personnel letters due for promotion.
- Chairs submit corrections to draft Fall ’13 and Winter ’14 schedules to the Registrar.
- Chairs submit electronically invited Full Proposals for faculty positions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chairs submit Lectureship Position Authorization Request forms to DOF.
- Evaluations of Assistants in Instruction due
- Chairs send catalog revisions to Registrar’s Office
- Chairs submit names of outside evaluator for tenure personnel review.
June 30: Fiscal Year End
- Chairs and Faculty submit all invoices to Accounting Office.
- Chairs send department/program information for Dean of Student’s Summer Newsletter to the Dean of the Students’ office.
- Chairs send electronically their annual program/departmental report to DOF.