Educational studies offer students the opportunity to pursue a set of courses that are designed around students’ emerging interests in a major and their developing goals for future work and study in educational fields, including: educational anthropology, education policy, and community based education.
In addition, students interested in eventual certification at the elementary school level gain significant background and experience in the electives offered by the department and prepare for certification through summer programs or graduate school.
- Complete this form: Application for Education Studies minor
- Meet with an Education Department faculty member of your choice and secure his/her signature on your completed form
- Submit completed and signed form to any Education Department Chair
- Apply for the Education Studies Minor through Garnet Gateway if you have not done so already
- Watch for approval of your declaration from Garnet Gateway
- Inquire from the Department Chair about the status of your declaration if you do not receive approval within one week of completing this process