Emergency Response Procedures
IF YOU ARE HURT (OR SOMEONE ELSE IS)…
- If it is life threatening, call 911
- Call Security at 6111 or (207) 786-6111 for medical assistance
- Call HR 6140 or (2017)786-6140 to report the injury if you are an employee (student employees too)
IF YOU SEE SMOKE (OR SUSPECT A FIRE)…
- Activate (pull) a fire alarm pull station on your way out of the building (evacuate ASAP). Close the door behind you.
- Go to the designated assembly area and await further instructions
- If you do not hear a fire alarm sounding, call Security at 6111 or (207) 786-6111
IF YOU SEE A SPILL OR LEAK…
- Call Security at 6111 or (207) 786-6111, they will contact Facility Services and Environmental, Health and Safety Staff to respond
- If the spilled material is hazardous, evacuate the building, go to the designated assembly area and await further instructions.
IF YOU SMELL AMMONIA (UNDERHILL ARENA)…
- Evacuate the building, to Merrill Gym or the baseball field.
- Call Security at 6111 or (207) 786-6111
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION FROM BATES…
- Follow the provided instructions
- Refer to the Bates College webpage for additional information
- Review additional information on the Security website here