Net Price Calculator
Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate your family’s expected contribution toward educational costs.
Before you start, keep in mind:
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid and net price for prospective first-time students. All financial aid at Bates is based on demonstrated financial need. There are no merit-based or athletic awards.
- The contribution estimated here is only as reliable as the data you enter, and may be different from what Bates calculates if your parents are self-employed or own a business.
- Family contributions can vary widely among colleges depending upon institutional policies and professional judgments used. Bates College uses the basic guidelines of the College Scholarship Service’s Institutional Methodology to calculate a family’s expected contribution.
- Special circumstances are treated on a case by case basis. This information should be communicated in writing directly to Student Financial Services at the time of your application.
- This software is intended to estimate a family contribution for prospective U.S. Citizens and permanent residents living in the United States. It will not produce reliable results for families who live outside the U.S.
- The Office of Student Financial Services is the final authority on your exact contribution. This estimate should provide an approximation of your expected contribution.
If your parents are divorced or separated
Divorced or separated parents can complete the calculator separately — the combination of the two results will be the total expected parent contribution. If either parent has remarried, your stepparent’s information should also be provided. While the calculated parental contribution will be based on both incomes, the final adjusted contribution will be based on the proportion of your parent’s income relative to the total income of your parent and stepparent.
Next: Start the Calculator