Parents Executive Council
The Mount David Society represents a group of Bates alumni and parents who have chosen to make leadership gifts that are commensurate with their passion for Bates and their philanthropic capacity. Contributions from MDS members make an immediate impact on students by directly supporting college priorities that strengthen all aspects of the educational experience.
Within MDS, the Parents Executive Council (PEC) represents a group of Bates parents who give at the level of $5,000 and above to provide Bates students with the resources and opportunities they need to be successful. In 2016–17, 81 PEC-member families collectively gave more than $730,000 of last year’s $1.4 million in total Parents Fund giving. Among their other important contributions, PEC members sponsored 52 Purposeful Work internships.
Whether you can make a commitment at the MDS level, the PEC level, or above, your leadership gift is vital to The Bates Campaign and will help Bates students accomplish extraordinary things this year.
Director of Parent Giving
Gifts of $1,855 or more
In recognition of this generous commitment, the college expresses its gratitude by offering:
- Special opportunities to meet and network with MDS members and Bates leaders on campus and at regional gatherings.
- Insiders’ updates on the college throughout the year.
- MDS recognition in the college’s annual Report of Giving.
Gifts of $5,000 or more
In addition to the above, the college recognizes parents by offering:
- Opportunities to connect with Bates leadership regarding important campus initiatives.
- An invitation to participate in conference calls with campus leaders to receive insider news.
- Invitations to join networking receptions with other Bates parents, both regionally and on campus.
- An invitation to the President’s Reception at Back to Bates: Homecoming & Family Weekend.
Supporters who place the college at the top of their philanthropic priorities. Their generosity helps ensure that Bates is at the forefront of the nation’s liberal arts colleges today, and moving forward. In addition to the above opportunities:
- A copy of a book or selected academic reading chosen by President Spencer at the start of each academic year.
- An invitation to join an annual teleconference to hear insider updates on college priorities from President Clayton Spencer.
President’s Associates who annually give $25,000 or more, also have the opportunity to engage with members of the college’s senior leadership.
If you would like to have a conversation about Parents Executive Council programs and membership, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, please browse the flipbook version of the 2016–17 Parents Leadership Giving brochure below. Click the square icon in the lower-right corner for a full-screen view of the brochure, and click “esc” on your keyboard to leave the full-screen view.