The Senior Gift is an unrestricted monetary gift to the Bates Fund, which serves an opportunity for the Class of 2015 to make its first philanthropic mark on the college. By making a gift to the Bates Fund, we join alumni, parents and friends in providing essential financial support Bates needs. This opportunity ensures that future Batesies have the same — or better — experiences and opportunities that we have enjoyed at Bates.
Class of 2015 Matching Donor
The College Key has agreed to be a matching donor for the Class of 2015. The matching gift has a dollar for dollar component as well as a participation goal totaling $10,000:
- $25 donations or more: dollar for dollar match, up to $5,000. If you give a $25 gift, it becomes $50 for the Bates Fund!
- 70% class participation milestone reached: $5,000
- Make your gift by visiting bates.edu/give.
- Look out for Senior Gift events or our table in Commons throughout this year. You can make a donation by cash, check or credit card.
- Place cash or a check in an envelope with your name and phone number written on a note and bring to the third floor of Lane Hall in Office 314.
- The Bates Beacons Recurring Giving Program offers a simple and convenient way to make regular monthly contributes to Bates posted to your credit card or checking account. You may find you are able to give a more significant gift because it is divided into manageable increments.
Gifts of all sizes count toward participation, but here’s some information that will help you find a donation that works best for you.
$100 – Mount David Society Gift
Join Bates’ leadership giving society of alumni, parents and friends who make the college their top philanthropic priorities. Your gift become a $200 gift for the Senior Gift and the Bates Fund. You will receive an invitation to Mount David Society events, a library book dedicated in honor of your gift, mention in the Annual Giving Report, and a Mount David Society pin representing your support of Bates. Learn more about the Mount David Society.
$25 – Matched by the College Key
Each gift over $25 is matched by an alumni group, the College Key. This means when you make a gift of $25 or more it becomes a $50 gift for Bates.
$1 – Helps toward participation!
All gifts help with reaching our class’s participation goal, regardless of their size. Participating in the Bates Fund helps the college gain faculty and student grants. It would be amazing for the Class of 2015 to reach 93% participation – the all-time Senior Gift record!
2015 Senior Gift Executive Committee
Senior Gift Co-Chair
Senior Gift Co-Chair