Eating Disorder Resources
Life Without Edby Jennie Schaefer
Eating by the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationships with Food Through Myths, Metaphors & Storytellingby Anita Johnson
Body Wars: The Body Myth by Margo Maine
The Golden Cage by Hilde Bruch
Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery by Lindsey Hall and Leigh Cohn
Rules of “Normal” Eating by Karen Koenig
Appetites by Carolyn Knapp
The Anorexia Workbook by Michelle Heffner, George Eifert
EDs: Journey to Recovery Workbook by Laura Goodman and Mona Villapiano
Eating Mindfully by Susan Albers
National and International ED association websites providing information on EDs.
Treatment and referral website of therapists, treatment centers & nutritionists.
Websites with general information, stats, resources, blogs, and some referrals.
- www.mainelygirls.org Maine organization that provides outreach, education, and is involved in policy/advocacy. They have set up treatment teams in towns/cities all over Maine so you can call the main number to find one near you.
- http://namedinc.org (National Association for Males with ED)
Websites with Books, Videos and other resources on ED
- www.gurze.com website where you can purchase books on Ed
- www.miaed.org (Media Education Foundation)
- www.findingbalance.com Has on demand videos on ED issues.
Websites geared specifically toward family/friends:
Thin - HBO documentary film which takes the viewer inside the Renfrew Center closely following four young women. www.thindocumentary.com
Beauty Mark: Body Image and the Race to Perfection http://www.beautymarkmovie.com/
Open 24/7 when school is in session.
Medical Emergencies: Call x6111. Off campus call 911. Bates EMS will respond immediately to emergencies on campus.
We're located between 2 hospitals: St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Campus Ave, Lewiston & Central Maine Medical Center, Main St, Lewiston.