What is a G Suite Group and how do I have one created?
A G Suite Groups is a communication tool that makes it easy for groups of people to communicate and collaborate together. When you send an email message to the G Suite Group address, everyone who is part of the group will receive the message, so there is no need to email each individual separately. Once a G Suite Group has been created, you can also share documents via G Suite Docs/Drive with the group and setup G Suite Calendar Events for the group.
To have a Bates G Suite Group created, please email the Bates College IT Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information (If you find it easier, just copy and paste the information below into an email message):
Bates G Suite Group Request:
- Requested Group Name (Display Name):
- Alternate Group Name (Display):
- Preferred Group Email Address (@groups.bates.edu):
- Alternate Group Email Address (@groups.bates.edu):
- Group Description:
- Who is the Owner of the Group?
- Is the Group Open or Closed?
- If the Group is Closed, only subscribed members within a group can send email the Group.
- Should the messages to the Group be moderated or automatically delivered?
- Do you want this Group published in the Bates G Suite Group Directory, making it searchable and easy for others to find?
- Would you like to schedule an IT Training Appointment on managing your G Suite Group with our Instructional Support Manager?
Note: To request a G Suite Group for a Bates Student Club or Bates Student Organization, please contact: Nick Dressler, Assistant Director of Campus Life, email@example.com