G Suite – Tasks List in Bates Gmail (IT Training Tip)
Do you wish you had an easier way to manage your work tasks or remember to-dos? The G Suite Tasks module built-in to your Bates Gmail account and linked to your G Suite Calendar, provides a simple to use and easy to access task list. With G Suite Tasks you can create single, independent tasks, or you can create a task with multiple sub-tasks associated with it. You can also create various task lists, so if you are managing several projects, you can create a task list for each. If you assign your tasks a due date, the task will show up in your Google Calendar as an all-day event(1).
To Access the G Suite Tasks Module From Your Bates Gmail Account:Login to your Bates G Suite Account:
- On your computer, open your Bates Gmail account from within a web browser (Recommended: Google Chrome) and login
Accessing The G Suite Tasks Module:
- In the top left corner of your Bates Gmail window, you will see a Mail button with an arrow pointing down (located under the “Bates” graphic)
- Click on the Mail button, and then click on Tasks
- A small Tasks window will popup on the bottom right corner in your Bates Gmail window
Creating a G Suite Task:
- On the bottom of the Tasks popup window, you will see a “+,”click on the “+” to create a task
- Once you have created your task, you can add additional details, including a due date and notesby clicking on the “>” located to the right of the task
Completing/Crossing Off a G Suite Task:
- Once a task is completed, you can place a checkmark in the box located to the left of your task to cross-off your task from the list and to mark it as completed2
Managing Your G Suite Tasks:At the bottom of the Task popup window, you will see some additional options and icons.
- The Actions menu will provide you will some additional options for managing your tasks
- From the Actions menu, you can:
- Indent tasks to create sub-tasks
- Reorder tasks
- Email tasks
- Print tasks
Creating and Managing Task Lists:
- The last item at the bottom of the Tasks popup window is an icon that looks like a bulleted list
- This is where you can create, rename, and delete lists
(1) In order to see due dates for tasks in your G Suite Calendar, the Tasks Calendar under the My calendars section in your G Suite Calendar must be visible.
(2) You can delete tasks instead of marking them as completed by selecting the task you want to remove, by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the task and then click on the trash can.