Event Support SLA
You can request event support by e-mailing email@example.com. In order to ensure the best possible outcome for your event, please contact CTES at least two weeks in advance. CTES will work with you to plan the event and make any necessary outsourcing arrangements. Though we try to accommodate all requests, those that are received with less than two weeks’ notice cannot be guaranteed full support due to limited or unavailable equipment and staffing.
In general, there are three levels of event support:
- If your event is scheduled in a space with the required technology during our regularly staffed hours (8 AM — 6 PM).
- CTES staff will help you plan and set up for the event and be available for any trouble calls. As part of this service, we require that we meet with the presenter at least one half hour in advance of the presentation to identify any potential problems. If you would like to have your event monitored we can arrange for someone to be there. In many cases, monitoring will be outsourced, based on staff (both student and professional) availability.
- If your event is scheduled in a space with the required technology outside of our regularly staffed hours
- CTES staff will help you plan for the event, and will help you set up for the event during regular business hours. For example, if your event is scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM, we can meet with you from 5:30-6:00 and help get all the equipment set up. If you would like to have your event monitored we can arrange for someone to be there. In many cases, monitoring will be outsourced, based on staff (both student and professional) availability.
- If your event is scheduled in a space without the required technology during or outside regularly staffed hours,
- CTES staff will help you plan for the event. Support for the event will be outsourced to a local media services provider at the expense of the organizing department. CTES will continue to work with you to make all the arrangements. This outsourcing will include event monitoring.
If your event involves an outside speaker, it is extremely important to know if they are using any equipment from outside the college. As we cannot guarantee that speakers’ equipment will interface with our equipment, it is highly recommended that speakers test their presentation with our equipment well in advance of the event. They should also have a contingency plan, such as a copy of the presentation on a portable drive. We will remind you of this when you schedule an event.
Created—September 15, 2009