What you need to know prior to selecting a room
Welcome to the Room Selection Information pages for upper-class students who wish to live on-campus during the next academic year. From this page you will be able to view information which may be useful to you prior to selecting a room.
Each year during Winter Semester, the Housing & Residence Life Office administers a variety of processes through which current students may select housing for the following year. These include:
- Off-Campus housing lottery
- Theme House proposal process
- Suite Lottery
- General Housing Lottery
Any student who plans to be at Bates in the fall is eligible for these housing lotteries, with the exception of:
- Students who have received approval from the Dean of Students Office to live off-campus for the upcoming academic year and have submitted their signed contracts
- Students who have made arrangements to reside in an approved Theme House for the fall of the upcoming academic year
- Students who have been selected as Junior Advisors or Residence Coordinators for the next academic year
Students who are not on campus during the Winter Semester or who are unable to participate in the Room Selection Process in person should choose a student who will be on campus to serve as a proxy.
Please call the Housing & Residence Life Office if you have any questions or concerns about any of our information. Our phone number is (207) 786-6215 and our office in Lane Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you may view all options for on-campus living, access floorplans, and find directories of building contacts.
Residence and Dining Service Regulations
Upon selection of a room, you will be asked to sign an agreement to abide by all residence and dining policies.
Room Selection Guide
Here you will find a quick and easy guide to the housing lottery and the room selection process.